My Addiction …

20121021-000851.jpg

Hello everyone. My name is Michelle and I’m addicted to … cookbooks!!! There, I’ve said it. Sad isn’t it … But what’s more sad is that that statement is actually fact. Over the last year or so, I’ve bought more and more of them to the point where I have nearly seventy (yes you did read that right). I told you I was addicted!

But all that money has not gone entirely to waste. I read them all from front to back. That may sound odd, but I promise I don’t actually sit there and read the ingredients lists and methods for fun. I like the little explanations above each recipe and I especially love the introductions where the writer explains how they have come to write the book in the first place. It’s like a little look into their hearts.

I love looking at their brightly coloured covers and the way they all look lined up on my shelves. How pretty they all are. I’d liken it to looking at a forest in full autumnal flow; everywhere you look there is something to attract and excite you.

But the BEST part is trying the recipes. I can put my hand on my heart and honestly say I have cooked at least one recipe from over 80% of them. The other 20% I have yet to find an occasion for or they are really out there. Some have even entered into my weekly favourites I love them that much. Ahhh the satisfaction when you’ve finally finished and they look almost as delicious as the photos made by the professionals.

I love them.

They just bring me so much joy … I need help.

About these ads

6 responses to “My Addiction …

  1. I have to say that I think that this is a pretty healthy addiction!! I had an obssession with cookery books around 10 years ago and have certainly kept them all. You never know when they will come in useful ;) x

    • Lol Veronica. I’ve just looked her up on Amazon and her book Every Day Cook Book in Colour was published in 1968, so a bit before my time, but I do think either my nan or my mum had a copy as i recognise the cover. Thank you for your visit.

  2. I think this is fantastic. I know there are plenty addictions out there that are worse. Hahaha. And, considering they aren’t just decoration and are actually being read and used… I’d call it a hobby instead. :) Either way, I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself. Question is, do you have a favorite cookbook?
    Visiting from the Weekend Blog Walk.

    • Thanks, hobby sounds much better than addiction. I’m not sure that I do have a specific favourite. I definitely like certain recipes from certain ones. I pretty much like all of Jamie Oliver’s ones. They’re easy to follow. I think we have cooked the most from his 30 Minute Meals. What a brilliant concept! Thanks for stopping by.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s